Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wayne Rooney Wants To Be Manchester United Lifer

Manchester United golden boy Wayne Rooney says he wants to finish his career at the club.

Rooney has been a mainstay at Old Trafford since his unforgettable hat-trick against Fenerbahce on his debut and there is every indication that the the best is yet to come from the super-talented 23-year-old.

The ex-Everton prodigy has three-and-a-half years to run on his contract. But when that's up, he is hoping to sign another one, to keep him a Red Devil for the rest of his playing days.

"I've always said that as long as United want me I'm happy to stay at the club," Rooney said in a recent interview for Inside United magazine.

"I don't want to leave. I love United and I have no reason to think about moving. I'm sure I'll be here for a long time.

"I hope I'm still at United when I'm the same age as guys like Ryan [Giggs], Paul [Scholes] and Gary [Neville]."

Rooney's first concern though is from what seat in the stands to watch United's next game, at home to Aston Villa, after his sending-off at Fulham a couple of weekends ago.

Source

0 comments: