Sunday, June 7, 2009

David Beckham Hopes For Quick AC Milan Return

http://i.media.goal.com/g/44920_news.jpg

AC Milan midfielder David Beckham helped his side reach direct qualification to the Champions League as they defeated Fiorentina 2-0 at the Artemio Franchi stadium this afternoon.

This is Beckham’s final match for the Rossoneri before his return to the Los Angeles Galaxy, even though he hopes he will be back in Milan soon.

“Even though today we did not win anything, we have reached the direct qualification to the Champions League,” commented the former Manchester United player to Milan Channel. “Winning today was fundamental, just like being in the Champions League.

“With regards to my future I cannot say anything more than what I said two weeks or two months ago: now I return to Los Angeles for the final part of the season, then we’ll see what happens, but I hope to return soon.

“My thanks goes to everyone, they have all been fantastic with me in making me feel like a part of the team from the first minute and I wish them all the best.

“With Carlo Ancelotti away from Milan, an era comes to an end, extraordinary years come to an end, but wherever he will go to coach, it will be a lucky club to have him.”

The 34-year-old player joined Milan last January and played a total of 18 league games.


Source

0 comments: