Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sebastiano Rossi: Milan Are Taking Right Steps To A Winning Cycle

 http://i.media.goal.com/g/52080_news.jpg

After selling Kaká and making no major new signings, things are not looking too bright for Milan ahead of the new season, and many fans have already voiced their disappointment.
However, former Rossoneri goalkeeper Sebastiano Rossi, still the record holder in Serie A for the longest unbeaten run with 929 minutes, thinks that the club are taking the right steps to build another winning cycle.
"I've heard many complaints from fans, but I tell them: my friends, Milan are following the right road to build a new cycle within a few years," he said to Il Giornale.
"You have endure some suffering and use a fundamental virtue, patience, to find yourself a winning team again. After building the team's spine, you can insert world-class players one at a time.
"All the great teams have this characteristic to endure in time and not be a fluke team. I'm not just referring to Barcelona or Manchester United. I also remember how Fabio Capello's Invincible Milan team was born, and [Marcello] Lippi's Juventus."
On Ronaldinho, who will probably be given more responsibility now with Kaká's departure, Rossi said: "I want to make a prediction, I like taking risks: I think they will do well, I saw it from the first few tests of this pre-season, he has the right desire.
"I think Milan will start slowly, they will have some problems but in the end they'll be fine. You'll see that in the end they won't disappoint: I know the Milanello people well."
Rossi was at Milan between 1990 and 2002, winning three Scudetti, and one Champions League among other trophies, and establishing his unbeaten record in the 1993/1994 season.


Source

0 comments: