Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ronaldinho Desperate For Recall To Brazilian National Team

AC Milan’s Ronaldinho was left out of Brazil’s Confederations Cup squad, which is currently taking place in South Africa.

His country have comfortably topped Group B, with a maximum nine points from three matches, and the former FIFA World Player of the Year is desperate to earn a recall to the team, in the lead up to next year’s World Cup.

“I certainly want to return to the national team, which for me is like a family,” Ronaldinho declared in an interview with TV Globo.

“Next year I want to be a part of the World Cup with Brazil. I am not angry for not being in South Africa with the national team at this moment, but I am very sad.

“I love the national team and what the fans do for you. I have been a member for a long time, and I was also the captain.

“I desperately want to return, and for this it is necessary that I have an excellent season with Milan. I have to give my all, and we need to be successful along the way.

“That will be the easiest way for me to regain my place in the national team.”

Brazil recently smashed three goals past a hapless Italian side, to book their spot in the final four of the Confederations Cup.


Source

0 comments: